Today, on my first Sunday off since April 28th*, we:
- Slept late
- Tried a new baked doughnut recipe
- Went on a walk together in crunchy fall leaves and blue-sky sunshine
- Ran some errands – grocery store and the like
- Watched a couple of Modern Family episodes (again)
- Finally (!) carved pumpkins
- Caught up with my folks over the phone
- Ate Sunday dinner – fantastic new recipe: Chicken Apple Chili
- About to watch our two favorite versions of Sleepy Hollow
It’s so easy to get caught up in the hurry-scurry of daily life, especially since here lately we’ve only had snippets of time off together. We’re glad it won’t always be this way – but while we’re trying to save all we can so that when The Littlest Brooks-Livingston arrives we’ll be able to make a big change, sometimes it’s just good to appreciate the little things. My favorite little thing – which is not actually so little – is just time spent together. Today was well spent.
*Technically, I think I managed to scavenge two Sundays off work this summer and fall, but who’s counting? I’m just glad for Sundays at home until May. Yay for that!